Measles, dengue cases up in CAR
(The Philippine Star) – May 5, 2019 – 12:00am
BAGUIO CITY, Philippines — The number of measles and dengue cases in the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) has increased.
The Department of Health (DOH) office in the Cordilleras said measles cases increased by 1,481 percent while dengue cases went up by 76 percent since January.
The DOH regional office said there were only 680 measles and 43 dengue cases during the same period last year.
Karen Lonogan, senior health program officer of the DOH-CAR’s regional epidemiology and surveillance unit, said three deaths due to dengue were reported this year compared to zero last year.
Three deaths due to measles were recorded in the region from January to April. Three persons also died of measles during the same period last year.
Benguet has the highest number of measles cases with 267, followed by Baguio City with 250; Apayao, 61; Abra, 46; Ifugao, 22; Mountain Province, 19, and Kalinga, 15.
Last year, Apayao recorded the highest number of measles cases followed by Benguet and Ifugao.
At least 354 of the patients were unvaccinated.
- Patna records 5 times more dengue cases in Oct
- 192 new dengue cases in 24 hours in Patna
- Over 830 dengue cases in Delhi this year
- After Floods, Bihar Grapples With Spike In Dengue Cases To 1,400
- 546 dengue cases in Ahmedabad in 19 days of October
- 174 new dengue cases reported in Patna
- 67,377 dengue cases, 48 deaths reported across India till Oct this year
- Delhi Records Over 800 Dengue Cases, Health Minister Says Lowest In 5 Years
- Jaipur: From 535 to 1,084, dengue cases double in just 20 days
- Jamnagar registers 98 dengue cases in a day