AFC Futsal Club Championship 2019 organised by Asian Football Federation will be held in Bangkok, Thailand from August 7 to 17.
The final draw for the competition will be held on June 27 at AFC House in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
“Now, we are preparing to become the champion in the domestic cup. After that we will focus training for this AFC Championship. Our opponents from this tournament are very strong and powerful.
“So, if we want to get great results, we must try more than now,’’ U Zaw Ye Maung, the head coach of VUC Futsal Club told The Myanmar Times.
In an official announcement, 16 teams AFC member associations, including Myanmar, confirmed their entry in the tournament.
“Myanmar Futsal League Champion MIC FC had been invited to represent Myanmar in the tournament initially, but the club decided to compete in the AFF Futsal Championship organised by Asean Football Federation. As a resutl of their decision, we get the chance to participate in the AFC Championship again,’’ U Zaw Ye Maung said.
The Asian Football conducted the draw for the competitions and host country team Port FC (Thailand), Mes Sungun Varzeqan (Iran), Thai Son Nam FC (Vietnam), Bank of Beirut (Lebanon) are in Pool 1.
Naft Al Wasaf (Iraq), Nagoya Oceans (Japan), Vamos (Indonesia), FC Erem (Kyrgyzstan) and Al-dhafra (UAE) are in in Pool 2.
Shenzhen Nanling Tielang (China), Al Rayyan SC (Qatar), Soro Company (Tajikistan) are in Pool 3.
Victoria University College from Myanmar is in Pool 4 with AGMK FC (Uzbekistan), Star FS Seoul (Republic of Korea) and Kazma SC (Kuwait).
Victoria University College FC participated this tournament for the first time in 2018.
In the tournament, VUC played with the host Vamos (Indonesia), the three times Champion Nagoya Oceans (Japan), Dalian Yuan Dynasty (China) and has to be contended with the group stage with no wins.
- Samâ€™s Club Offers $8.8 Million in New Grants to Entrepreneurs
- New ILO Study to Explore a Minimum Wage for Myanmar
- Dula cops 5 golds in Inter-Club swimfest
- Sam Club’s CEO Rosalind Brewer Set to Retire
- Sam’s Club Awards Small Family Business A $25,000 Grand Prize
- Maryland Black Owned Clothing Line Among Sam’s Club Small Business Award Winners
- Sam’s Club Offers $8.8 Million in New Grants to Entrepreneurs
- Indonesia ready to compete in Asian cycling championship
- Trevor Abrahmsohn reignites Presidents Club sleaze row
- Deer Ridge Golf Club set to close permanently on Sunday