IN A QUIET street in south London’s trendy Brixton district, known for its ethnic diversity, 25-year-old Kristian Robertson parks his trailblazing mobile salon. For a little over a year, he has worked for Trim-It – a start-up offering haircuts for people with Afro-Caribbean roots. Opening the customised van’s sliding door reveals a silver barber’s chair, a large mirror, a hair dryer and drawers overflowing with scissors, clippers and hair products. As he carefully prepares his equipment for the day’s first customer, the meticulously groomed Robertson says clients are “always amazed” when they see what is inside. Fulltime barber, Kris Roberton (right) trims a client’s hair in the customised van of mobile barbershop, Trim-It, on the streets of south London. /AFP “Appearance is important, whenever you wanna go somewhere or even if you just wanna feel better about yourself, you get a haircut and it changes your whole day, changes your whole week even,” says Micah Henry, 24, one of Robertson’s 10-odd daily customers. Henry, who uses Trim-It about once a month, adds it’s the “most convenient” hairdresser he had come across. Appointments are made via a mobile phone app, summoning a van to where the client is. The start-up’s founder,… Read full this story
- 6th Circuit reverses hate-crime convictions of Amish in beard- and hair-cutting attacks
- EXCLUSIVE 'I'm over that life, it's boring': Megan McKenna says she feels 'liberated' after ditching alcohol, lip fillers and hair extensions
- Barber Who Refused to Cut Girl’s Hair Accused of Discrimination
- Barber Sued for Refusing to Cut Girl’s Hair, Insisting He Was ‘Not Qualified’
- YP Letters: Changing energy landscape shows no need for UK fracking
- Best Hair Salons in Houston, according to Yelp
- Top Of The Mops: Wacky Hair All The Rage At Rugby World Cup
- Who needs a host when the Oscars can open with Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Maya Rudolph, and Queen?
- Insured Body Parts: From Chest Hair to Teeth
- Curtis Mallet-Prevost Memo to Troops: No Chest Hair or Club Wear
Need a hair cut? have 342 words, post on www.nationmultimedia.com at May 31, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.