Jakarta. The police arrested 10 people for reportedly spreading hoaxes between May 21 and 28 and have now charged them with the crime. “From May 21-28, we found 10 hoax cases in Jakarta and regional areas,” National Police spokesman Brig. Gen. Dedi Prasetyo said in a press conference at the Coordinating Ministry for Political, Legal and Security Affairs headquarters in Jakarta on Tuesday. He said that since the violent demonstrations in Jakarta on May 21-22, the number of social media accounts that have been spreading hate speech, hoaxes and provocative content has risen. The goal of these accounts is to provoke the public and create widespread unrest. “This is dangerous if left unchecked,” Dedi said. These are the 10 hoax cases that have been discovered by the National Police’s cybercrime unit: 1. A man with the initials S.D.A. arrested on May 23 for alleging that foreign security officers were employed to secure demonstrations in Jakarta on May 21-22. 2. A.S.R. arrested on May 26 for spreading a hoax that the police had attacked a Muslim cleric. 3. M.N.A. arrested on May 28 for spreading “negative content” alleging that last month’s elections were plagued by fraud and a video of security officers allegedly attacking protesters in front of the Al Huda Mosque in Tanah Abang. 4. H.U. arrested on May 26 for spreading… Read full this story
- Sen. Marco Rubio Says Martial Law Is Not Happening, It's a Hoax
- Thane resident makes hoax calls to avoid going to office
- Oprah Winfrey Debunks Rumors She Was Arrested: 'Haven't Been Raided, or Arrested. Just Sanitizing'
- Coronavirus – Man, 26, becomes first in UK to be arrested for refusing to self-isolate and faces £10,000 fine
- The Indonesian women speaking out about West Papua — whatever the cost
- Indonesia Supreme Court Rejects Appeal from Woman Convicted of Blasphemy
- Coronavirus cases rise to 94 in L.A. County as officials issue more emergency restrictions
- Supermarkets to waive plastic bag charge for shoppers amid coronavirus crisis
- NHS boss says YOU can save lives by social distancing as ‘suppression’ is only way to beat coronavirus
- Hero doctors post pictures showing bruised faces and exhaustion as they battle coronavirus
Police Arrest Ten People for Spreading Hoaxes have 354 words, post on jakartaglobe.id at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.