KUALA LUMPUR: An employee at a private company was charged at the Ampang magistrate’s court here today on three counts of using fake sick leave certificates in February and March.
Mohamed Amir Khan Mohamed Yusof, 23, pleaded not guilty to all the charges read before magistrate Haslinda A. Raof.
He was accused to have fraudulently used three documents, namely fake government medical certificates bearing the series numbers AB 765432, AB 765398 and AB 797962.
He was accused of committing the offences at Malaysia Transformer Manufacturing Sdn Bhd, MTM Riverside Pernec Building, Jalan AU3 / 1 Ulu Kelang, Selangor here, on Feb 4, Feb 15 and March 21.
The charge was filed under Section 471 of the Penal Code which is punishable under Section 468 of the same act which imposes a maximum jail term of seven years and also liable to a fine, upon conviction.
DPP Raihanah Abd Razak did not propose bail.
However, the accused’s lawyer Kelvinder Singh Sidhu, requested for one on the grounds that his client was the sole breadwinner of his family.
“My client is still unmarried and has family members who depend on him,“ he said.
The court allowed bail at RM9,000 for all charges with one surety and fixed July 5 for mention of the case. – Bernama
- Paid sick leave? Businesses, workers see issue differently
- Workers Without Sick Days Are Bad For Your Health
- More than half a million pounds raised charging NHS staff to park at Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Unlimited Sick Day Policy Healthy for Business
- More professional firms embrace employee ownership
- 3 Ways to Create a Healthier Workplace for Your Employees
- The Evolving Employee Handbook: 6 Issues to Consider
- Why challenging a private parking ticket is about to get a lot easier
- Employee Retirement Plans: A Buyer's Guide
- Botanical research firm plans to grow in Baltimore
- 12 Easy Ways Employees Can 'Green' the Office
- Senators vented at Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg — but may leave it at that
- 'Use It or Lose It': Getting Employees to Take Time Off
- Support Your Employees by Creating a Family-Friendly Workplace
- Faking It: Why Employees Call in "Sick"
- Krebs charged with fraud, money laundering, other felonies
- Taking Ford Private
- 18 Nontraditional Perks and Benefits Your Employees Want
- How to Open a Private Medical Practice, Step by Step
- Is That Legal? Dos and Don'ts for Employee Background Checks
Private firm employee charged with using fake sick leave have 364 words, post on www.thesundaily.my at May 17, 2019. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.