Senate sets June 4 probe for election glitches Helen Flores (The Philippine Star) – May 16, 2019 – 12:00am MANILA, Philippines — The joint congressional oversight committee on the automated elections system will conduct a hearing on June 4 on technical glitches that marred the midterm polls, according to panel chair Sen. Aquilino Pimentel III. The Commission on Elections (Comelec) has admitted that the number of vote counting machines (VCMs) which bogged down tripled in this year’s vote compared to the 2016 polls. Around 400 to 600 of the 85,000 VCMs across the country encountered glitches during the May 13 vote. In the 2016 general elections, only 188 VCMs encountered problems, according to Comelec spokesman James Jimenez. Pimentel, meanwhile, said it was his co-chairman, CIBAC party-list Rep. Sherwin Tugna, who requested that the hearing on VCM glitches be set on June 4. The senator lamented the glitches happened despite assurances from the Comelec of the machines’ dependability. “They (Comelec) should examine their tests, which could have been superficial and perfunctory that resulted to ‘passed’ and ‘passed’ results,” Pimentel told radio dzMM. “This is already our fourth automated elections. Haven’t we learned lessons yet?” he asked. Sen. Panfilo Lacson said he… Read full this story
- UK police probing election fraud allegations
- UK Doctors' Union Head Draws Attention to NHS Crisis Ahead of June Snap Election
- Senate sets up C’tee to investigate Social Intervention Fund, Sure- P
- Erdogan Sets June 24 For Early Presidential, Parliamentary Elections in Turkey
- INEC in Lagos sets for supplementary elections rerun
- UK Set to Probe 'Big Four' Accountancy Firms, Conclude Nationwide Market Survey
- Jeff Sessions May Seek Old Senate Seat Despite Crowded Field
- 'Trump is a f***ing idiot!' Lindsey Graham shocks Senate committee by reading vulgar text between Mueller probe's FBI lovers as he opens Bill Barr's hearing with vow to get to bottom of how collusion probe began
- Despite GOP control of Senate, Democrats promise SCOTUS fight ahead of midterms
- 'I've had more thorough investigations to find my airpods': Colbert ridicules FBI's Kavanaugh probe as Kimmel says it moved 'faster than Pete Davidson and Ariana Grande'
Senate sets June 4 probe for election glitches have 342 words, post on www.philstar.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.