By Doug Smith Sports Reporter Wed., May 1, 2019 PHILADELPHIA—There may be help on the horizon for the Philadelphia 76ers. Mike Scott, the veteran forward who missed the first two games of the NBA Eastern Conference semifinal with Toronto because of a foot injury, practised here Wednesday and could return for Thursday’s Game 3. Scott would be a key addition for the Sixers because of his ability to stretch defences and hit three-pointers and for his defence against the likes of Pascal Siakam and Marc Gasol. Siakam has dominated at times on offence and draws Philadelphia’s Joel Embiid away from the basket when Embiid guards him; Scott is big enough and quick enough to present a more difficult matchup for Siakam. “(The foot) feels good,” Scott told reporters Wednesday. “We’ll see about playing, but it feels better each day. I’ll continue to get treatments and continue to work out. It feels better though.” Article Continued Below Meanwhile, former Raptor and Sixers backup Greg Monroe went through practice on Wednesday after turning an ankle and missing the end of Monday’s Game 2. STAR TURNS: Norm Powell looks around the court at times when he’s playing for the Raptors in these NBA… Read full this story
- Injured Joel Embiid after 76ers' Game 2 loss: 'Sick and tired of being babied'
- Heat's Justise Winslow stepped on Joel Embiid's protective mask in Game 3
- Warriors Shake Off Their Late-Season Stumbles and Thrash the Spurs in Game 1
- Ben Simmons records first playoff triple-double for a rookie since Magic Johnson in 1980
- Brooklyn Nets Weekly Roundup: Week 8
- NBA New Year’s Resolutions
- NBA Power Rankings: The Los Angeles Clippers’ curse is lame
- 2017 NBA Trade Deadline: Grades For All 30 Teams
- Westbrook helps Thunder outlast 76ers in triple overtime
- Final Report Card Grades for Every NBA Team
Sixers’ Mike Scott could return for Game 3 against Raptors have 307 words, post on www.thestar.com at May 1, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.