Sarawut Boonsattha, 39, officially handed over the bag to Alain Raymond R Bordier, 75, at an event witnessed by Jaiton Sriwangpol, an executive of the station.
Last Wednesday, after finding that the bag had been left by a passenger on the back seat of his cab, Sarawut went to the radio station to seek help in tracing the owner.
The bag was found to contain Bt282,672 in baht and 2,400 Swiss francs, or about Bt76,000. The bag also contained a Bangkok Bank savings book, with the name of Bordier.
Sarawut said he had driven a foreigner from Soi Sukhumvit 13 to the Suvarnabhumi rail link station and, after later spotting the bag in his cab, decided to drive to FM91 radio station to seek help.
Bordier said he at first thought he had left the bag in his room, so he called his Thai wife to check, but she was unable to not find it.
Fortunately, the radio station later contacted him to tell him that his bag and its contents had been found.
The Swiss, who gave Bt20,000 to Sarawat as a reward, said he was lucky that his bag had wound up being found by a good, honest man.
- Millionaire businessman and his friend - who were challenged to spend a week at a rainy Wiltshire campsite on Rich Holiday, Poor Holiday - cheat with a night in a hotel after failing to start a fire
- EXCLUSIVE: TOWIE star Mario Falcone is caught out living it up in Dubai with fiancée Becky Miesner... while posting old photos on Instagram from Essex after Priti blasted influencers
- Ministers warn 'going on holiday is illegal' in new ad campaign to halt foreign travel - as Dubai influencers slurp cocktails by the pool despite travel ban starting TODAY because hotel quarantine is still 'at least a week away'
- Oxford Covid jab is ‘less effective’ against highly infectious South African mutant strain, claim scientists
- Apple Arcade games list: every game you can play right now
- 'Analogue criminals operating in a digital world': Bumbling villains aged 442 were snared by 21st century police surveillance after £24million Hatton Garden heist
- EXCLUSIVE: Meet Roaring Kitty - the stock picking wizard who sparked buying frenzy by tipping GameStop shares on Reddit: Boston suburban dad with $650,000 home emerges as the man who cost Wall Street billions
- Emmerdale, EastEnders and Coronation Street and spoilers LIVE – Rebel teen Gabby Thomas gets Dawn FIRED with wallet plot
- Robinhood starts SELLING users' shares without permission: Trading platform is hit with massive class-action after restricting trades on stocks including GameStop, Nokia, AMC and Blackberry
- The best Android apps (January 2021)
- Grant Shapps will press ahead with widely-hated cycle-friendly road schemes as he tells MPs 'the vast majority were very good'
- The Bloodhound Land Speed Car saw its paint peel off in a 600-plus-mph test run
Taxi driver returns Bt360,000 in cash to Swiss businessman have 457 words, post on www.nationmultimedia.com at May 28, 2019. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.