The mid-term election results appear to be what many of us feared. The country can do a lot better than re-elect characters tainted with plunder and/or have done nothing in previous terms. Google Analytics may have noticed a significant surge from the Philippines in its search engine on “How to Migrate”. But the election results should make us more active in the public arena to make sure what happens next isn’t a disaster many of us fear. The first three years of Duterte passed by quickly. Those were pretty contentious years. Challenges from an external environment also undergoing drastic changes have affected how we frame our geopolitical and economic strategies. The economic and political rivalry of China and the US will certainly affect our country. The Duterte administration has chosen to side with China even as the Filipino people still overwhelmingly trusts the US more. In fact, this national distrust of China almost became a lethal issue in the mid-term election if only the opposition knew how to frame it. The Duterte administration sensed the problem early and they tempered their usual expression of love for China. Will it be back to a China lovefest after the election? The big… Read full this story
- 6-Year-Old Dies At Long Beach Hospital, Downey Man Arrested On Suspicion Of Murder
- Clippers Star Kawhi Leonard Named AP’s Male Athlete Of The Year
- Stockton Police Use Shotspotter Technology To Locate New Year’s Eve Gunfire
- CNN’s Don Lemon Pierced His Ear on Live TV, and That Was Only the Beginning of Don Lemon’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve
- Two Wounded In San Francisco Waterfront New Year’s Eve Shooting
- Buffalo Bills star Shaq Lawson to pay for funeral of 11-year-old girl who was shot dead when an unknown suspect fired more than 35 bullets into her South Carolina home
- Want to stick to your New Year's resolution? Wait until spring! Experts says it is truly a time of new beginnings and can be easier for us to change our behaviors
- Seven men are charged over a brutal pub brawl that left a teenager dead three years ago as his shattered parents break their silence to slam 'cowardly acts of violence'
- Sonakshi, Shilpa & Rani Walk The Red Carpet At Aap Ki Adalat's 21 Years Celebration Event
- Neanderthals hunted golden eagles 130,000 years ago and may have prized their talons and feathers
The next three years have 400 words, post on www.philstar.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.