LYON, France: When Lucy Bronze kicked off her professional career at Everton, her earnings were all-but wiped out by the cost of being a footballer.Bronze did not care about the money, though. She just wanted to play football.It was a focus that paid off, and next month the Olympique Lyonnais defender will be central to England’s assault on the women’s World Cup in France.A self-described aggressive and hardworking defender, the 27-year-old says she is now enjoying the “house and the car” in Lyon, where she hopes the Lionesses will play the semi-finals and the final of the sport’s top event.And Bronze trusts that the experience she has accumulated since joining Europe’s most successful club in 2017 will prove an asset for England who finished third in the 2015 World Cup.”When I first signed a contract with a women’s team, my contract stated that if I played I would get 100 pounds and if I didn’t play it would be zero,” Bronze told Reuters in an interview.”If you got injured you got zero, it was crazy.” But Bronze wanted just one thing after years of practice on the streets with her brother, and growing up with parents who did not watch… Read full this story
- Wendy Williams Brings Personal Experience to 'Love Triangle' Gig
- A superb young cast brings
- This Is What Happens If You Question CrossFit's 'Tough Titsday' Class
- Why Replication Is Critical for Every Web-Based Experiment
- Philosophers On a Physics Experiment that "Suggests There’s No Such Thing As Objective Reality"
- The Vampire Problem: A Brilliant Thought Experiment Illustrating the Paradox of Transformative Experience
- Connecting Through Immersion: How Porsche Experience Centers Work
- Is Your Marketing an Experience?
- Varieties of Scientific Experience: Carl Sagan on Science and Spirituality
- 2019 BMW Ultimate Driving Experience Tour Expands to More US Cities
Tough Bronze brings Lyon experience to Lionesses have 313 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.