US President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Sunday to express his “confidence” in North Korean leader Kim Jong Un despite Pyongyang’s recent weapons tests and deadlocked nuclear talks. Trump, currently in Japan on a trip aimed at improving ties with Washington’s close Asian ally, also suggested that Kim was sending him a “signal” through a North Korean state media commentary on Joe Biden — in which the former vice president was labelled an “imbecile” and a “fool of low IQ” for criticising Kim. “North Korea fired off some small weapons, which disturbed some of my people, and others, but not me,” Trump wrote on Twitter, apparently referring to weapons tests in early May. Hours before Trump landed on Saturday, his hawkish National Security Advisor John Bolton told local media there was “no doubt” Pyongyang’s recent missile tests had violated UN Security Council resolutions but insisted Washington is still ready to resume talks. But Trump tweeted: “I have confidence that Chairman Kim will keep his promise to me, & also smiled when he called Swampman Joe Bidan [sic] a low IQ individual, & worse. Perhaps that’s sending me a signal?” North Korea is one of the top issues on the… Read full this story
- In new threat, Trump demands North Korea 'get their act together'
- Bob Corker: Rex Tillerson in 'frustrating place,' helping prevent 'chaos' in Trump administration
- U.S. and North Korea are in regular contact through back channel diplomacy
- North Korea missiles can reach Guam in 14 minutes, local official says
- South Korea president open to sending special envoy to North Korea
- 'We would never think of eating for pleasure,' North Korea defector admits
- Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford: War with North Korea ‘horrific’ but nukes ‘unimaginable’
- President Trump: Maybe my 'fire and fury' threats against North Korea weren't tough enough
- How Trump can still make America great: Paul Brandus
- Trump: 'Patience is over' with North Korean regime
Trump says still has 'confidence' in N. Korea's Kim have 328 words, post on en.rfi.fr at May 26, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.