By Vinay Menon Entertainment Columnist Fri., May 10, 2019 If I were advising central banks, tattoo parlours, billboard companies, road sign painters, bespoke clothiers, government press agents, the Royal family or any other outfit that communicates in English, the first thing I’d say is: hire a proofreader. And if they balked, I’d pull out a wad of Australian moola. If you missed it, the central bank Down Under was ridiculed this week after a typo was discovered on the back of the $50 bill. Somehow, 46 million copies of the bank note were printed and no one noticed “responsibility” was misspelled – three times! – as “responsibilty.” A triumvirate of missing i’s on one bill? Crikey. Now that is irresponsible. Did a dingo eat quality control? But Australia was not alone in botching our beautiful language this week. Article Continued Below On Thursday, the Boston Red Sox were guests at the White House to celebrate their 2018 World Series championship. Scratch that. According to flash bulletins from Donald Trump’s crack PR team, it was the “Boston Red Socks.” And it seems this squad of crimson hosiery foot fetishists won baseball’s ultimate title by secretly playing soccer, since they were also… Read full this story
- 'Winston': PCOO sorry for spelling mistake in Gatchalian's name
- A woman who has reviewed more than 40,000 résumés outlines the 8 most annoying mistakes she sees
- Hamilton defends Vettel after criticism of mistakes
- MIDWEEK MADNESS: Paula Abdul Mistakes Church For Frathouse; 'Star' Wins Our $3.49
- Grammarly Checks the Grammar and Spelling of Any Document and Helps You Fix It
- Real-life witch coven performs a spell live on This Morning to summon snow for Christmas - but viewers brand it a 'load of rubbish'
- National Spelling Bee champion crowned from record-breaking field
- Target employees share the 7 biggest mistakes shoppers make at the retail chain
- Buri Ram student aces 2018 NJ Spelling Bee
Typos and spelling mistakes run rampant, and it’s a discgrace have 316 words, post on www.thestar.com at May 10, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.