DOHA: American B-52 Stratofortress bombers sent to the Middle East over what Washington describes as threats from Iran have arrived at a US base in Qatar, US Central Command (CENTCOM) said.The US military said on Tuesday that a number of B-52 bombers would be part of additional forces being sent to the Middle East to counter what the Trump administration says are “clear indications” of threats from Iran to US forces there.Iran has dismissed the new US deployments, including of an aircraft carrier, as old news announced now to intimidate it through “psychological warfare”, at a time when Washington is also tightening financial sanctions. The USS Abraham Lincoln is replacing another carrier rotated out of the Gulf last month.A picture taken by US Air Force personnel stationed in Al Udaid air base and posted on the CENTCOM website showed two aircraft. The caption said: “B-52 Arrival. US B-52H Stratofortress aircraft assigned to the 20th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron are parked on a flight line May 8, 2019.”The media officer at Al Udaid, near Doha, did not immediately respond to a phone call and email requesting comment and details. CENTCOM is responsible for US military operations in the Middle East and Afghanistan.Washington has tightened sanctions on Iran this month, eliminating… Read full this story
- World War III - Islamic Middle East Terrorism - Petroleum Business
- A ScreamFree Middle East (Part II)
- We Must Balance the Power in the Middle East to Protect the World
- A Scream Free Middle East (Part I)
- Freight Forwarding Prices Rise in The Middle East Following Hezbollah Attacks
- The Blood of Fools is about to Pollute the Sands of the Middle East
- Is Peace in the Middle East Possible -- History and the Bible Team up to Answer that Question
- Uranus in Pisces and the Middle East
- The Middle East Crisis - Where Will It End?
- Middle East or Iraq or Africa Explode - Not a Potter Trailer
US B-52 bombers reach Middle East in message to Iran have 330 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at May 10, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.