Venezuelan security forces blocked opposition lawmakers from entering the National Assembly Tuesday, ramping up pressure on supporters of Juan Guaido two weeks after his failed uprising against President Nicolas Maduro. Deputies said members of the National Guard, who provide security for the building, along with police and SEBIN intelligence agents blocked access to the opposition-controlled National Assembly. The move came as Amnesty International said it believes the Venezuelan authorities have committed crimes against humanity in their crackdown on anti-government protests, and urged the International Criminal Court to investigate. “SEBIN agents, using the excuse that there’s an explosive device within the facilities, took over the federal palace. We’re surrounded by intelligence agents,” lawmaker Manuela Bolivar told AFP. Opposition leader Juan Guaido tried to incite an uprising against Maduro on April 30 but only around 30 members of the armed forces joined him, and the revolt quickly petered out. It did however spark two days of deadly clashes between protesters and security forces. Since then, the Maduro regime has ramped up pressure on Guaido’s allies and supporters. Deputy parliament speaker Edgar Zambrano was arrested by SEBIN agents last week and stands accused of “treason, conspiracy and civil rebellion.” He is one of… Read full this story
- Why You Need Trusted Internet Security Services
- Solid Security Glass Block Windows & Walls For Commercial, Architectural and Institutional Projects
- Security Services For Your Home Or Business
- The Importance of Getting a Checkpoint Engineer to Secure a Company Network
- Home Security Alarms - 2 Best Services Ashore!
- Home Security Companies - Competing Companies Compared!
- Network Security Management Services
- Burglar Alarm & Home Security Systems - Why Do We Need It?
- A Guide to Home Security Equipment
- Private Security - Measuring Their Worth And Fidelity
Venezuelan security services block lawmakers from parliament have 294 words, post on en.rfi.fr at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.