By Nicole Friedman WSJ Erik Holm WSJ Thu., May 2, 2019 Warren Buffett has always known how to make a buck. As the annual meeting for his Berkshire Hathaway Inc. has grown in popularity over the years, Mr. Buffett and his staff have gone to greater and greater lengths to make sure attendees have plenty to spend their money on. For more than a decade, the meeting has been held at a massive arena in downtown Omaha, Neb., big enough to accommodate the tens of thousands who now make the pilgrimage to the event, often called “Woodstock for Capitalists.” The arena is adjoined by a 194,300-square-foot exhibit hall, and on Berkshire weekend, it is filled with products from dozens of Berkshire-owned companies, offering everything from candy and soda to mobile homes and chartered plane flights. Not all of Berkshire’s 60-odd subsidiaries participate, but a look at the floor of the exhibit hall offers a glimpse at just how vast Mr. Buffett’s empire has grown. The hall in the CHI Health Center Omaha (formerly called the CenturyLink Center, and before that, the Qwest Center) is open from noon to 5 p.m. on Friday, and 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday…. Read full this story
- Could LeBron James And Warren Buffett Buy Cleveland Cavaliers From Dan Gilbert?
- Alex Rodriguez got Warren Buffett to be his mentor by cold-calling him
- Warren Buffett offers employees $1M a year for life for correctly picking NCAA Sweet 16
- Warren Buffett’s NCAA tournament challenge puts yours to shame
- Super yacht made entirely of stainless steel and measuring 90,000 square feet is unveiled in Florida - with several billionaires already interested in buying the boat dubbed 'the floating mansion'
- The Miami Hurricanes are closing in on 83,000 square feet of refuge from the storms
- On Saturday, Vail celebrates the life of Warren Miller the way he would have wanted
- The lesson Michael Cheika must learn from Warren Gatland
- Boxing champ Jack Catterall slammed for standing on ferret after promoter Frank Warren shared video of bizarre training exercise
- Girls track: Warren's Jenkins jumps to it; Klett, LZ win NSC meet
Warren Buffett's empire, in 194,300 square feet have 355 words, post on www.thestar.com at May 2, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.