The master plan sets out four main strategies aimed at transforming the country into a net producer instead of simply a market for halal goods and services. The strategies are to empower Indonesia’s halal value chain by focusing on the country’s most competitive sectors, such as food and beverages and fashion, and strengthen the presence of the sharia financial sector as a capital provider to halal businesses. The strategies are: enhance the role of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) as the prime mover of the value chain and cooperate with e-commerce platforms to promote Indonesia’s halal goods and services. “One of the main keys to achieving our goal lies in our identity as [the country with] the world’s largest Muslim population, in this sharia economy,” Jokowi said during the launch at the National Development Planning Agency. Despite being a Muslim-majority country, Indonesia is only the 10th largest exporter to Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) countries in 2017, lagging behind non-Muslim majority countries like Brazil, the United States and India. On the other hand, 36 per cent of domestic consumption in 2017 was halal goods, Bappenas head Bambang Brodjonegoro said, pointing out that a large proportion of those goods were… Read full this story
- Louisiana education leaders aim high in master plan rewrite
- Modify master plan to allot land to poor: Andhra Pradesh to CRDA
- Westworld Season 3 Episode 4 recap: The Man in Black returns as Dolores continues to put her master plan in motion
- Bharti Airtel launches broadband plans starting Rs 799
- Master Audio Launch TRP Rating Are Out: Fails To Enter The Top 5 List!
- Master Audio Launch TRP Ratings Are Out: Fails To Enter The Top 5 List!
- Joe Biden Releases Economic Plan; Cites Experience Overseeing Obama Stimulus
- Joe Biden unveils his own plan to save the economy saying he would offer MORE emergency cash for families and warning stopping virus has to come first
- The Relief Package Ushers In Trump's Planned Economy
- Vietnam among fastest growing economies in Asia despite COVID-19: ADB
Widodo launches master plan for sharia economy have 339 words, post on www.nationmultimedia.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.