Temporary shelters are being provided for 500 residents who fell victim to a fire in Tanah Abang, Central Jakarta. Two people suffered minor injuries from the fire that broke out on Sunday at 4.45 a.m. They were taken to Pelni Hospital in Petamburan, West Jakarta. “Yes, two people suffered minor injuries. One person panicked and jumped from the second floor and the other sustained an injury while helping other residents evacuate,” Tanah Abang district head Yassin Pasaribu said as quoted by kompas.com. The fire engulfed 66 buildings that consisted of 34 houses and 32 stores on Jl. Jati Bundar, Kebon Kacang subdistrict, Tanah Abang. The fire was allegedly caused by an electrical short in one of the stores. The district office has prepared temporary accommodations for the survivors. “We have prepared shelters in [community unit] RW 9 dedicated to men. For women and children there is the Al-Ahyat Mosque and the Kebon Kacang subdistrict office,” Yassin said. Yassin added that the Central Jakarta Social Agency also prepared food and clothing for the survivors. “For now, food in the morning and afternoon are being prepared by the Central Jakarta Social Agency. There is also a large tent used as a command… Read full this story
- 'Where Would I Go?': Domestic Violence Victims Brace for Another Shutdown
- At odds with city on head tax, Paul Allen’s Vulcan is building a tiny-house village to shelter homeless people
- Vietnamese woman claims 15-year-old brother is the 'youngest victim' of migrant truck tragedy and died in 'bid to be reuninted with his parents who are both illegally living in Britain'
- Here's how you can help California's wildfire victims
- Emergency winter shelter report expected from regional staff on Tuesday
- 'The Scary Thing Is Telling People We Can't Help Them': Domestic Violence Shelters Brace Through the Shutdown
- How Yarmouk refugee camp became the worst place in Syria
- Vancouver issues 'extreme weather alert,' opens extra shelter spaces over low of 1 C
- Trumps return to Texas, this time to meet victims of flooding in Houston
- REVEALED: Man who died atop 290ft chimney scaled temporary ladders that started 15 FEET above the ground inside a locked compound
About 500 Tanah Abang fire victims placed in temporary shelters have 357 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at June 30, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.