Business Chinese telecom giant Huawei Technologies battled back against consumer worries at a major smartphone expo in Thailand over the weekend, bringing in an army of salespeople to fight perceptions that a U.S. blacklist would hobble its phones. 03 Jun 2019 04:46PM Bookmark BANGKOK: Chinese telecom giant Huawei Technologies battled back against consumer worries at a major smartphone expo in Thailand over the weekend, bringing in an army of salespeople to fight perceptions that a U.S. blacklist would hobble its phones.Thailand Mobile Expo, a triannual event where brands and retailers slash prices and offer deals to ramp up sales, came nearly two weeks after a Reuters report that Alphabet Inc’s Google would suspend some business with Huawei.Most Huawei phones run on Google’s Android operating system, and Google said it would no longer be able to provide software as a result of the U.S. ban.To ease Thai consumers’ concerns, Huawei salespeople assured customers that existing products would not be affected. Every product display table also featured a Thai-language copy of the company’s May 20 statement, saying it would continue providing support for existing products.But some shoppers remained concerned about being cut off from Android updates and possibly losing access to Google… Read full this story
- Huawei Technologies prepares digital assistant for China Huawei Technologies
- Huawei stops production of some smartphone models following US trade sanctions
- With or without Huawei? German coalition delays decision on 5G rollout
- What Is the Cost of the U.S. Paranoia About Huawei?
- The U.S. government's beef with Huawei isn't really about phones
- Huawei trduges along despite U.S. pressure, will sell 230M phones this year
- Indian millennials addicted to smartphones, spend one-third of their waking hours on WhatsApp, FB
- Huawei will launch an upgraded version of its Mate X foldable phone at MWC 2020
- The Real Reason Huawei Might Sue the U.S. Government
- Huawei reportedly working on an operating system that will support all Android apps
China's Huawei fights consumer fears at Thai smartphone expo have 333 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at June 3, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.