ORLANDO: President Donald Trump formally launched his 2020 re-election campaign on Tuesday (Jun 18) by presenting himself as the same political insurgent who shook up the Washington establishment four years ago and who is now a victim of an attempted ouster by Democrats.At a packed rally in Orlando, Florida, Trump made clear he would run for re-election as an outsider, just as he did in 2016. Whether he can pull it off remains far from certain as Trump has been in Washington now for 2-1/2 years.”Together we stared down a broken political establishment and we restored government by and for the people,” Trump said. “As long as you keep this team in place, we have a tremendous way to go. Our future has never looked brighter or sharper.”As thousands cheered him on in Orlando’s Amway Center, Trump said his Democratic challengers would radically change the United States and would seek to legalize migrants coming across the southern border so they could vote and boost the Democratic political base.It was a return to a major theme of his 2016 campaign when he warned of the threat of illegal immigration and promised a crackdown.Trump said the Democrats “want to destroy our country… Read full this story
- Trump morphs campaign slogan for 2020 run: 'Keep America Great!'
- What is Mark Zuckerberg’s net worth, who is the Facebook boss’s wife Priscilla Chan and what is the Donald Trump row?
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has revealed why he WON’T run for US President in 2020 despite millions begging him to
- 'I don't think Trump has much knowledge of Sweden': Why former Obama aides are bringing hit US podcast to Stockholm
- Top DNC official out after less than a year on the job
- Government told by UK news publishers it must tackle Facebook/Google duopoly to stop fake news
Donald Trump launches 2020 re-election campaign have 315 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at June 17, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.