KAMPALA: A five-year-old boy who tested positive for Ebola in Uganda has died, a health ministry official told AFP Wednesday, in the first spread of a deadly outbreak in neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo. “The boy who tested positive for Ebola in Kasese yesterday passed on last night in the isolation unit,“ the official told AFP on condition of anonymity. “The minister for health (Ruth Aceng) will be briefing the country about the death of the boy and arrangements to bury the body.” The official said the child was likely to be buried Wednesday. Uganda’s health ministry on Tuesday said that the mother of the child was a Congolese citizen married to a Ugandan. She had travelled with the child and four other family members back home to nurse her father who eventually died from Ebola. Uganda has been on high alert since the outbreak across a porous border in the eastern DRC, where more than 2,000 cases of the highly contagious virus have been recorded, two-thirds of which have been fatal. — AFP
- Five-year-old boy dies after leopard attack in Gujarat
- IKEA agrees to pay $46 MILLION to parents of two-year-old boy who died when dresser fell on top of him in biggest wrongful child death settlement in US history
- 'Our hearts are shattered': 'Weeds' and 'OITNB' creator Jenji Kohan speaks out after her 20-year-old son died when he crashed into a sign on a Utah ski slope despite wearing a helmet
- 25-year-old man dies in printing press fire
- Mom, 34, is arrested after her 11-year-old daughter died from taking unprescribed opioids at apartment 'in serious disarray with meds, pill bottles and syringes all over'
- Delivery driver who mowed down and killed a three-year-old boy in New York blames the mother for ‘leaving him unattended’
- Body is found in river during search for missing 15-year-old boy who vanished on New Year's Eve in County Down
- Madhya Pradesh: Eight year old boy from Jalgaon dies after 'manja' slits his throat
- Fourth person arrested in connection to Sunday shooting that killed two-year-old boy
- Coyote attacks 5-year-old boy outside nature museum in Chicago
Five-year-old boy dies from Ebola in Uganda: Health official have 353 words, post on www.thesundaily.my at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.