FLORIDA: A piece of paper in the backpack of Bob Marley’s grandson.See, that’s how this all began. One afternoon in 2014, Cedella Marley, Bob’s eldest daughter with his wife Rita, was handed a flier by her son, Skip, after he came home from school. The flier was from Skip’s football coach, and it asked parents to consider donating money to resurrect Jamaica’s women’s football team.Cedella was startled. She lives outside Miami but is still royalty in Jamaica, leading Tuff Gong, the record label her father started, as well as the foundation named for him. She made some calls. Turned out, the women’s football team hadn’t existed for much of the previous four years because the country’s football federation cut the funding.There were still girls youth teams, sure, but no senior national team that could try to represent the country at the Olympics or the Women’s World Cup.Cedella bristled. Was it a football thing? she asked. Nope. The men’s team, known as the Reggae Boyz, had its funding fully intact.”People were saying no to [the women], and it was for no reason,” Cedella says now. “The more I got involved, the angrier I got.”Cedella thought about it. And made some more… Read full this story
- How Bob Marley's Long Lost Land Rover Was Rescued From Certain Death
- Bob Marley movie out simultaneously on Facebook, in theatres
- Bob Marley filter catches a buzz on Snapchat for 4/20
- Bob Marley And The Wailers -- 'Three Little Birds'
- Marlon James Is the First Jamaican Novelist to Win the Man Booker Prize
- Another Duggar Daughter Is Engaged, Will Have First Kiss at Wedding
- A Father's Day Tribute to Bob Belcher, the Best Dad on TV
- Virginia Ex-Gov Bob McDonnell Gets 2 Years In Prison
- The Duggar Girls Learned to Kiss From Jim-Bob and Josh
- Bob McDonnell's Daughter Flips Mom The Bird in Letter to Judge
How Bob Marley's daughter saved Jamaican football have 328 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at June 8, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.