How many pushers, addicts are there? The PNP Directorate for Operations collates the latest drug war statistics: At least 6,600 pushers and users were killed in shootouts with police from July 1, 2016 to May 31, 2019. Another 240,565 were arrested and are now crammed to overcapacity in jails. Plus, 1,283,409 were home-visited by cops and warned to desist or else. The figures do not include those killed by vigilantes and rival narco-gangs. Or, those who have been rehabbed or still in clinic. The persistent finding though is that nearly all pushers are users who crave to sustain their vice. And their drug of choice is shabu (meth). So how many more of them remain out there? Obviously lots more, going by frequent interdiction of shabu by the tons, worth billions of pesos, at seaports and secret factories. Supply reflects demand; the risk of trafficking in huge volumes, for huge profits, indicates huge demand. A ton of shabu equals a million one-gram sachets, good for two to five hits over as many days, depending on gravity of addiction. Recent foiled shabu smugglings at the Manila container port reached hundreds of tons. Successful sneak-ins can only be guessed from street-price fluctuations…. Read full this story
- Marijuana Addiction and Withdrawal
- Sexual Addiction - How Do You Know If Infidelity is a Symptom of Sexual Addiction? 10 Indicators
- Is it Sexual Addiction?
- Addiction - 60 Day Key Fob and a Powerful Thirst
- The Role of Worldview Assessment in Addiction Treatment Programs
- Addictions and Coping Mechanisms - Are They the Same?
- Overcoming Hydrocodone Addiction
- Mind Powers to Rid Addiction
- Gambling Addiction Help - How to Stop Gambling in 60 Days
- Addiction and Recovery - Choosing the Right Counselor
How many pushers, addicts are there? have 279 words, post on www.philstar.com at June 26, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.