LTFRB to open 10,000 new TNVS slots
(The Philippine Star) – June 2, 2019 – 12:00am
MANILA, Philippines — The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) is set to open 10,000 slots for new applications for Transport Network Vehicle Service (TNVS) units.
In an advisory, the board said the online registration for TNVS franchise applications will start on June 10.
This comes as ridehailing platform Grab appealed to the LTFRB to open up the new slots to address vehicle supply issues.
Last month, Grab said the board should open 15,000 slots so that the firm can open up its platform to new drivers.
The transport network company added that 85 to 90 percent of their 50,000-strong fleet already have their franchises while the rest are awaiting their hearings with the board.
Grab said it would be able to reach the 65,000 TNVS cap imposed by the LTFRB should the agency open the remaining 15,000 slots.
Grab said that once the cap is reached, the board and stakeholders can start the process of reviewing the TNVS limit.
- Amazon will open a new office in New York City by 2021
- No proposals pending for opening of new engineering colleges in India: Ramesh Pokhriyal
- Marks & Spencer to open 36 new shops but shut six stores
- Kullfi Kumarr Bajewala To Get NEW Time Slot After THIS Show Goes Off Air
- Chipotle Open, 2 New Restaurants Coming In Spring Near Mall
- Nancy Silverton to open a new restaurant, Pizzette, in Culver City this fall
- e. Baldi chef to open a new Italian restaurant at the Grove
- Tapping a beer can that has been shaken up will NOT stop it fizzing over when you open it, new study finds
- 'Reid' all about it - Jason's bookshop is opening a new chapter for Eltham
- Richard Prince Just Showed Artists a Way to Fight Trump. And May Have Cracked Open a New Contemporary Art Code Too.