Raptors end Warriors’ reign for 1st NBA title
(Agence France-Presse) – June 14, 2019 – 11:51am
MANILA, Philippines – The Toronto Raptors are the 2019 NBA Champions after beating Golden State, 114-110, in Game Six of the Finals on Thursday (Friday Manila time) at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California.
The Raptors made history after winning the franchise’s first title.
Led by a Kyle Lowry explosion, Toronto ended Golden State’s NBA reign.
Both squads engaged in a back-and-forth affair that resulted in numerous lead changes and deadlocks.
But ultimately, the full-force Raptors were too much to handle for the undermanned Warriors.
Fred VanVleet was crucial in the clutch for Toronto as his 3-point daggers propelled the Raptors to victory.
Klay Thompson was torching Toronto for most of the game but went down with a knee injury late in the third quarter and didn’t return for the rest of the match.
Thompson finished with 30 points in three quarters of play.
- Golden State Warriors Beat Cleveland Cavaliers to Clinch NBA Title
- Cleveland Cavaliers Beat Golden State Warriors in Game 7 to Capture NBA Title
- Danny Green Says 2nd NBA Title Is the Sweetest, Sorry Spurs!
- Sprint and Google Voice integration is ending on June 1st
- Hearthstone new nerfs will end the reign of the game’s most powerful decks
- Stephen Curry Scores 19 Points as Golden State Warriors Beat Sacramento Kings to Improve to 18-0
- Golden State Warriors Beat Brooklyn Nets 114-98
- What Is The Ideal NBA Finals Result For Haters?
- Golden State Warriors Rout Cleveland Cavaliers To Complete NBA Finals Sweep
- NBA Finals: LeBron James Reveals He Played Three Games With Broken Hand