NEW YORK: Shares of U.S. health insurers that have rebounded in the past two months could come under pressure this week as Democrats square off in their first presidential debates, with healthcare policy reform potentially high on the agenda.Support for government-run “Medicare for All” plans from U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders and other left-leaning politicians and candidates shook the stocks earlier this year, and has contributed to the overall sector’s underperformance, despite the recent recovery.The debates take place on Wednesday and Thursday in Florida – with 10 candidates taking part each night – as Democrats vie for their party’s nomination for president in 2020. Other debates are expected in July and later in the fall.The stocks have also faced uncertainty because of changes proposed by the Trump administration involving how the industry uses drug discounts and policies regarding disclosure of hospital and physician pricing.Of all healthcare companies, insurer stocks have “the most to win or lose” from the debates, said Martin Jarzebowski, sector head of healthcare for Federated Investors.”They have already been hit the hardest when you looked at all of the different Medicare for All proposals,” Jarzebowski said.With a variety of healthcare reform ideas – some more radical than others… Read full this story
- New York Times Smears Tulsi Gabbard Ahead of Democrat Debate
- Health Insurance Exchanges in the Spotlight and Under Scrutiny
- Coming to a Store Near You: Health Insurance Exchanges
- Why the F*&k Did My Health Insurance Just Go Up So Much?
- Your Guide to Health Insurance and Alternative Medicine
- Not Having Health Insurance Kills Thousands Each Year
- What You Need to Know about Health Insurance
- Few signs employer-based health insurance is buckling under ACA
- Health Insurance Nightmare – Where is Catastrophic Insurance?
- Today is the Last Day to Sign Up for Health Insurance Through the Health Insurance Marketplace
Resurgent health insurer stocks face test at Democratic debates have 312 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at June 27, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.