President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to attend the anniversary of the Philippine Navy Monday as his administration faces what could be its gravest crisis in the high seas. Here are the stories making the headlines on ANC today:
Meanwhile, at least two Cabinet secretaries initially said there would be a Cabinet meeting on the incident. But Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea said the meeting was cancelled.
Vice President Leni Robredo said the Chinese crew must stand trial in the Philippines. President Duterte is due to attend the Philippine Navy anniversary at 4 p.m. in Silang, Cavite. Will he finally address the incident?
Meanwhile, Globe Telecom will be launching its first steps in improving ICT infrastructure in the country. Will all these improve internet speed in the country, which is still below the global average, and improve government services to the public?
- Goldman Sachs cuts rate on former best buy Marcus account
- Independent Budget Analysis Briefing For MPs
- 'The kids emptied our bank account playing Fifa'
- Oyster card accounts hacked Tube body confirms
- Cash from dormant bank accounts to go to charity
- Facebook bans fake accounts targeting Africa
- Jamie Bryson 'forged signature to verify accounts
- Abuse accuser 'created fake email account'
- Metropolitan Police Twitter account hacked
- Accountant lied to cover for crime gang torturer