MANILA, Philippines — In what is touted to be the biggest Mango Sago ever made, roughly 150 kilos of ripe mangoes were used to make this record-breaking sweet and tangy, creamy dessert. “We removed and balled the flesh at the center of the fruit,” said chef Richard Hao, who, together with his culinary students from the University of San Jose-Recoletos, prepared the popular summer cooler. “We scraped the pulp from the seed, pureed and mixed this with condensed milk, all-purpose cream and powdered sugar. We then added big balls of sago to the mix, which looked better in the kawa than the usual tiny tapioca pearls.” The kawa, or large cauldron that they used, was four feet deep and six feet in diameter. Megaworld Cebu Properties president Noli Hernandez (center) with (from left) Gelena Asis-Dimpas of the Department of Tourism and Marina Hermoso of the Department of Agriculture This was one of the highlights of the first-ever Cebu Mangoes Festival, which was held at The Mactan Newtown in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, on the last weekend of May. Organized by Megaworld Corporation in partnership with the Lapu-Lapu City Tourism Office, it was a celebration of one of Cebu’s top products: its… Read full this story
- Bite-sized portions, multiple courses: Tasting menus get popular
- Rami Malek's Oscar speech censored by Chinese broadcaster
- Vietnam targets 4.5 billion USD from farm produce exports by 2020
- Nigeria fashion show reality series – The unveiling
- Foreign brands eager to enter Vietnam’s booming fashion market
- Best dining tables – our top picks for industrial, compact, luxe and rounded styles
- Kinder Garden: You are what you eat, go local!
- Meghan Markle reveals that Michelle Obama answered all her Vogue interview questions over EMAIL - and admits she wishes she'd made a phone call
- Admitting our fault was a game-changer: BK Goenka on the Welspun vs Target crisis
- Pret A Manger announce huge menu shake-up - here's everything that's changing
The biggest Mango Sago ever! have 322 words, post on www.philstar.com at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.