32 things Duterte said in his 4th SONA (Philstar.com) – July 23, 2019 – 2:04am MANILA, Philippines — Signalling the second half of his term, President Rodrigo Duterte delivered his fourth State of the Nation Address on Monday. His speech, which was delayed for about an hour, lasted for more than an hour and a half. Here are the issues tackled and promises made by Duterte in his fourth SONA. Illegal drugs The illegal drug problem persists I am aware that we still have a long way to go in our fight against this social menace. Corruption Corruption continues and emasculates the courage we need to sustain our moral recovery initiatives. Concerning the unscrupulous persons manning our ports and scalawags in uniform, we have been unyielding in our reforms to weed them out of public service. I have fired or caused the resignation of more than a hundred officials and appointees of government without regard to relationship, friendship and alliance. There is no sacred cow, as the saying goes, in my Administration. READ: ’No sacred cows’: Duterte renews vow to fight corruption Death penalty Let the reason why I advocate the imposition of the death penalty for crimes related to illegal… Read full this story
- 32 Things That May Prevent You From Thinking "I Have Nothing To Wear" Ever Again
- 11 things you said about merger plan for South Tyneside and Sunderland hospital trusts
- 12 things you said about breastfeeding take-up being lowest in country
- 17 things you said about the 'amazing' Tall Ships Races visit to Sunderland
- Philippines’ Duterte calls UN rights chief ‘empty-headed’
- Kiss Me Hard Before You Go: Duterte Says Ready to Step Down if Women Want It
- Show Me a Selfie! Philippines' Duterte Vows to Resign if God's Existence Proven
- All the latest news from Stranger Things 3 from new cast to plot and rumours
- Philippines president Duterte threatens to use emergency power to 'put things in order'
- Rodrigo Duterte condemned for 'disgusting' public kiss with woman
32 things Duterte said in his 4th SONA have 328 words, post on www.philstar.com at July 22, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.