REUTERS: China’s campaign to boost loans to small firms was supposed to support the economy during its biggest slowdown in decades, but banks’ reluctance to lend has left exporters and manufacturers in its southern industrial belt struggling to pay the bills.Despite prodding from Beijing, several bankers have told Reuters they have little appetite to lend to smaller companies due to the uncertain economic outlook, the U.S.-China trade war and a years-long drive to purge risks from the financial system.That has chilled credit flows to private sector firms, undermining stimulus measures that were designed to cushion the impact of slowing demand.In the southern city of Dongguan in Guangdong province, one of the country’s major manufacturing hubs, some small firms are moving production overseas in the face of operational and financing challenges.”These days the most discussed topic – something that we always talk about in meetings – is whether we should move to Vietnam. Many of my clients have moved there,” Li Jiajun, the chief financial officer at Guangdong LiShun Yuan Intelligent Automation Co., told Reuters.LiShun, which makes paper box packaging machinery, lost financing from two of its four banks in the second quarter, halving its total credit line to 10 million… Read full this story
- Xi Jinping heads to Africa to clinch China's hold over the continent
- This Cellular-Connected Smart Credit Card Can Show You How Much Money You've Got Left to Spend
- EXCLUSIVE: Blake Griffin at the Laugh Factory: An offseason slam dunk
- China dominated, North Korea made splash at Asiad
- Meet Xu Shilin: Is ‘Coco’ China’s next Li Na?
- Meet Coco: China’s next Li Na
- Levy falters at Volvo China Open; 4 tied for lead
- Levy falters but shares lead with 3 others at China Open
- Firm greens at Volvo China Open prove troublesome to field
- Washington holds off Texas 77-71 in historic game in China
China's credit push to small firms falters in factory heartland have 317 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at July 24, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.