| PRINT | EMAIL | PERMALINK Fuel Spill Committee Part II SWOP: A garden by the base and an ear to the ground By August March Juan Reynosa, Deputy Director SWOPEric Williams PhotographyDriving up to the SouthWest Organizing Project’s community garden, taking Gibson Boulevard east most of the way to Carlisle Boulevard, one is struck by the vast amount of land dedicated to our nation’s defense and sitting on the edge of town.From this perspective, the Sandia and Manzano Mountains seem miniscule, their loftiness erased by miles and miles of barren mesa dotted with brutalist architecture. The hum of activity around here is palpable and vibrates loudly as jets fly in and out of the Sunport and the adjacent base, as military folks go about their work and aviation fuel on the order of thousands of gallons is dispensed each day to fuel-hungry sky machines.On the north side of Gibson, a few blocks inside one of the sparse neighborhoods north of Kirtland, there is a vegetable garden. Using land donated by the city, SWOP took a barren field and has made it lush.Using water from a well that may very well have been exposed to the Kirtland Bulk Fuel Facility… Read full this story
- Fuel spills on M1 as tanker crashes, northbound lanes of the Pacific Motorway have reopened
- Fuel Spill Likely Caused Hazmat Scare On Oak Park Ave.
- Route 28 Reopens After Overnight Tractor Trailer Crash, Fuel Spill
- EXCLUSIVE: Family Believes Mariner East Pipeline Construction Led To Water Being Contaminated With Chemicals Found In Jet Fuel
- China oil spill: warning over seafood contamination
- HCM City targets 75 percent of buses with clean fuel by 2020
- Fuel scarcity hits Baruten LGA, Kwara Speaker cries
- Gas tanker rolls over, spills unknown amount of fuel onto Commerce City road
- FG sets up committee on ecology
- Kenya clears fuel spillage after cargo train derails on coast
Fuel Spill Committee Part II have 317 words, post on alibi.com at July 23, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.