Business U.S. stock index futures rose sharply on Monday, with chipmakers making handsome gains, as trade tensions between the United States and China eased after both sides agreed to restart talks. 01 Jul 2019 08:12PM Bookmark REUTERS: U.S. stock index futures rose sharply on Monday, with chipmakers making handsome gains, as trade tensions between the United States and China eased after both sides agreed to restart talks.Futures jumped more than 1per cent when trading resumed on Sunday, with the S&P 500 e-minis and the Dow e-minis hitting record highs early Monday as investors returned to riskier assets following the truce.U.S. President Donald Trump offered concessions including no new tariffs and an easing of restrictions on Huawei Technologies Co Ltd in order to reduce tensions with Beijing.Twenty-seven of the 28 Dow components trading before the bell were higher, with chipmakers that have a sizable revenue exposure to China climbing.Intel Corp , Advanced Micro Devices Inc and Micron Technology Inc gained between 3per cent and 4.6per cent.Stocks saw their steepest sell-off this year in May after an escalation in the U.S.-China trade dispute sparked concerns of a global economic slowdown.However, expectations of a more accommodative Federal Reserve helped the S&P 500 and… Read full this story
- Elon Musk, Trump hash out China auto trade relations on Twitter
- Apple and Foxconn launch China iPhone trade-in program
- U.S. ups the ante in China solar trade dispute
- China Mobile confirms talks with Jobs for iPhone
- China Mobile chairman: Talks with Apple 'still ongoing'
- T-Mobile and Sprint restart merger talks... again
- Sails to power future cargo ships, global trade
- Ban piracy liability from trade talks: Telstra
- China Mobile: iPhone talks ongoing with Apple
- China Mobile in talks with Apple to carry iPhone
Futures surge as US-China restart trade talks have 299 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at July 1, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.