Monsoon rains over Metro, Luzon this week
(The Philippine Star) – July 21, 2019 – 12:00am
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) said the southwest monsoon would bring rains in many parts of Luzon today.
It would bring cloudy skies and scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms over Batanes, Ilocos Region and the Cordillera Administrative Region.
“Metro Manila and the rest of the country will have partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers or thunderstorms,” the state weather bureau noted.
Meanwhile, a low-pressure area is expected to form over the Philippine Sea adjacent to the eastern section of the Visayas-Mindanao area.
PAGASA also said that starting Monday until the rest of the week, the southwest monsoon will weaken. The low-pressure area is expected to dissipate while a ridge of high-pressure area will be the dominant weather system to affect Luzon.
“The whole country will experience partly cloudy to cloudy skies with some isolated rainshowers or thunderstorms mostly in the afternoon or evening,” according to the PAGASA weekly weather outlook.
Tropical Depression Goring has weakened into a low-pressure area Friday night.
- India - O' Monsoon!
- Pune: Monsoon over, wet weekend forecast remains
- ‘Slip-slide’ conditions slowing Metro-North trains
- ‘Slip-slide’ conditions slow Metro-North trains
- Northeast monsoon commences over Tamil Nadu, adjoining areas of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Kerala
- Winds of change will bring some more rain
- Monsoon bids adieu with 11% shortfall in Kolkata
- Retreating monsoon drenches Kolkata pockets
- Rains over, minimum temperature plummets to 18.3°C in Shivajinagar
- Monsoon to take three more days to withdraw from Goa