Sport With the United States preparing to play in the women’s World Cup final the team’s fight for pay equity resurfaced on Wednesday with the Democratic Women’s Caucus demanding answers from U.S. Soccer chief Carlos Cordeiro. 03 Jul 2019 11:31PM Bookmark REUTERS: With the United States preparing to play in the women’s World Cup final the team’s fight for pay equity resurfaced on Wednesday with the Democratic Women’s Caucus demanding answers from U.S. Soccer chief Carlos Cordeiro.The U.S. national team’s dispute with the U.S. Soccer Federation over pay parity has simmered in the background of the month-long tournament which will reach a climax on Sunday in Lyon when the U.S., coming off a tense 2-1 semi-final win over England, will face the Netherlands or Sweden.Players have said repeatedly their lawsuit against U.S. Soccer has not been a distraction but the dispute was front-and-centre again as the Democratic Women’s Caucus sent Cordeiro a letter expressing its “deep concern regarding inequities in pay, publicity and investment in the U.S. Women’s National Team (USWNT)”.The letter added; “Members are also demanding answers from the Federation as to how it will remedy these injustices”.All 28 members of the defending World Cup champions’ squad were named… Read full this story
- When is the Women's World Cup final? Can I still get tickets?
- USA vs Netherlands: Women's World Cup Final preview
- Win four tickets to the Women's World Cup Final in France
- Watch women's world cup final
- The USA beat England 2-1 to reach women's World Cup final
- Women's World Cup final draws 14.3m US viewers
- Fifa Women's World Cup: finally in the limelight
- Women’s World Cup final: Lieke Martens starts for Netherlands
- Women’s World Cup final: USA leads Netherlands 2-0
- Dutch upstarts bid to shock mighty US in World Cup final
Pay dispute resurfaces as US women prepare for World Cup final have 319 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at July 3, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.