Alex Morgan’s goal celebration in the USA’s semi-final win over England has been one of the main talking points going into Sunday’s final against the Netherlands LYON: The United States head into the women’s World Cup final against the Netherlands on Sunday seemingly in such rude health that the biggest controversy surrounding the holders in recent days has been Alex Morgan’s tea-sipping goal celebration against England.Morgan, one of the faces of the USA side that has made history by reaching a third consecutive final, has been at the centre of a veritable storm in a tea cup since using the celebration to mark her winner in Tuesday’s semi-final. Whether it was an attempt to wind-up the English for their love of the drink, or something more innocent, the 30-year-old has been struck by the level of media attention. “You see men celebrating all around the world in big tournaments, grabbing their sacks or whatever it is, when I look at sipping a cup of tea, I’m a little taken aback and kind of you have to laugh about it to see all the criticism,” Morgan said on Friday. The striker scored five goals in the record 13-0 win over Thailand… Read full this story
- Why all roads lead to the 2026 World Cup for the USA
- 'A catapult to the future' -- will the Rugby World Cup come to America?
- Rugby World Cup: US tournament would be a 'catapult to the future,' says captain Scully
- Rugby World Cup 2019: Fiji v Wales (Wed)
- Nine-try Scotland thumps Russia to set up crucial clash with Japan
- Scotland secures bonus-point win over Russia to set up crucial clash with Japan
- My Miss World Diary: Miss NI Katherine Walker on her packed schedule ahead of the big contest
- Rugby: Argentina belatedly turn on the style to hammer U.S.
- Argentina belatedly turn on the style to hammer U.S.
- A rugby player got red carded -- then went into his opponent's locker room and apologized
USA hoping for more celebrations in World Cup final have 345 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at July 5, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.