Illustrative image (Photo: VietnamPlus) - To bring goods to modern retail systems, agricultural production facilities need to meet all requirements such as business registration, food safety and hygiene, and test papers. Bringing goods to major distribution channels in high and stable volume is the goal of local enterprises, cooperatives and farmers. In Vietnam, thanks to good natural conditions, farm produce is abundant and diverse. However, many kinds of farm produce are tough to sell and lack access to modern distribution channels. Lack of handshake? According to the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT), supply-demand connectivity and helping enterprises bring good quality products to the supply chain have brought about positive results. The total retail of goods and services has hiked about 10 percent annually since 2009. In particular, after a decade of the “Vietnamese people prioritise Vietnamese goods” campaign, Vietnamese goods have flooded foreign supermarkets in Vietnam such as Lotte (82 percent by revenue and 84 percent by volume), Big C (96 percent by revenue) and AEON (80 percent by product code). Deputy Director of the Ministry of Industry and Trade’s Domestic Market Department Le Viet Nga said the impressive figures show the efforts of the Association of Vietnam Retailers… Read full this story
- 4 Sustainable Farming Techniques Making a Difference
- How Filthy Farms Contaminate Your Organic Chicken
- Millennials launch “Tour Against Cruelty” to demand more humane treatment of factory farm chickens
- Community Farms and You
- There Is A Magical Farm In Sweden Where The Pumpkins Are Bigger Than Boulders
- An Introduction to Organic Farming (And Why We Should Support It)
- Is Organic Produce Actually a Waste of Money?
- HELP NEEDED: Azure Organic Farm in Oregon about to be forcibly mass poisoned with glyphosate by the county government
- Microsoft plunges deeper into retail with flagship New York store
- How analytics fits into retail's quest for omnipresence
Why do farm produce find it hard to enter modern retail channel? have 305 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 12, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.