Riza Aziz, stepson of former Malaysia’s Prime Minister Najib Razak, arrives at a court in Kuala Lumpur on Friday. (Reuters photo) Hollywood producer Riza Aziz, stepson of the former Malaysian prime minister Najib Razak, was arrested in Malaysia on Thursday and will face money-laundering charges in a long-running scandal over billions of dollars in missing government funds.Mr Riza, whose Red Granite Pictures produced the Oscar-nominated film The Wolf of Wall Street, was released on bail. He will appear in court Friday in Kuala Lumpur, the capital, to be charged, said the head of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission, Latheefa Koya. Mr Riza joins his mother, stepfather and a longtime friend in facing charges in the disappearance of as much as $4.5 billion from a government investment fund that was controlled by Najib, the 1Malaysia Development Berhad. The scandal rocked Malaysia and led to the ouster of Mr Najib last year, the first time that his party, the United Malays National Organization, had lost power in the country. The missing money fuelled the lavish lifestyles of the Najib family and Mr Riza’s longtime friend Jho Low, according to prosecutors and the US Justice Department, which followed the trail of billions of dollars… Read full this story
- Wall Street has billions to lose in China from rising strain
- From Wall Street to Bethlehem, iconic sites reopen from virus
- Become the Wolf of Wall Street, Own the Stock Trading Game!
- Crisis-hit Wall Street checks in to Zandi's 'impairment studio'
- Wall Street Week Ahead: Investors eye consumer discretionary stocks as U.S. reopens
- Wall Street ends mostly higher as US-China spat simmers
- Martin Scorsese holds talks with Apple and Netflix to produce new film starring Leonardo DiCaprio after ballooning $200 million budget scares off Paramount
- Gov. Tom Wolf Announces 16 More Counties, Including Most Of Pittsburgh Area, Moving Into ‘Green’ Phase Next Week
- Pocono race weekend to be held without fans
- 'Quiz' has the right answer for ITV's 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?' scandal
‘Wolf of Wall Street’ producer held in 1MDB scandal have 335 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at July 4, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.