S. Korea’s new anti-graft Bill targets lawmakers
SEOUL • South Korea is seeking to ratchet up penalties against lawmakers who increase their wealth by leveraging secrets obtained in office.
A Bill that slaps up to seven years of imprisonment or a 70 million won (S$81,000) fine will be submitted to Parliament for legislation by the end of this year, according to the website of the government-affiliated Anti-Corruption and Civil Rights Commission in Sejong, South Korea.
Pilot in India suspended for sending hijack alert
NEW DELHI • India has suspended a pilot for accidentally sending a hijack alert to air traffic control during a domestic flight last month, the aviation authority said. The AirAsia India plane, flying from the capital New Delhi to Srinagar, suffered a stalled engine and the captain told first officer Ravi Raj to send an emergency code to alert the authorities about the situation.
Instead of the appropriate code 7700, he transmitted 7500 – the code for a hijacking – India’s director-general of Civil Aviation said in a statement on Friday.
Brussels to expand 30kmh road speed limit
BRUSSELS • Europe’s capital city, Brussels, has made its choice: To reduce emissions and encourage greener, two-wheeled transport options, the road speed limit of 30kmh will be expanded to cover non-residential districts.
By Jan 1, 2021, vehicles will face a 30kmh limit everywhere apart from key thoroughfares – grand avenues and the inner ring-road.
- Biogenesis Doctor Runs New "Anti-Aging" Clinic and an NFL Superstar Showed Up on Their Instagram
- Home Ministry approves Pakistani shooters’ visa for ISSF World Cup in New Delhi
- World Cup 2019: New Zealand vs Sri Lanka
- Watch Bentley's Weird New Anti-Body Roll System At Work
- World Cup 2019: New Zealand hammer Sri Lanka by 10 wickets
- Hockey World Cup 2018: New Zealand vs Argentina – 3 Standout Players from the match
- World Cup 2019: New Zealand vs Sri Lanka ODI stats
- New Anti-Theft Features Make 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe Harder to Steal
- Yankees Trade Rumors: Zack Greinke, Corey Kluber Among New York's Targets This Winter?
- NASA's New Horizons Next Target Is A Mysterious Red Object