Creamline topples BanKo for 4-0 start
(Philstar.com) – August 21, 2019 – 10:18pm
MANILA, Philippines — The Crealine Cool Smashers extended their win streak to four after beating BanKo Perlas in four sets, 25-10, 19-25, 25-17, 25-23, in the Premier Volleyball League at the FilOil Flying V Centre in San Juan on Wednesday.
Skipper Alyssa Valdez and Jema Galanza were the driving force of Creamline’s offense.
The defending champions had a terrific start in the first set wherein they rolled past BanKo, 25-10.
It was the same story in the second canto, with the Cool Smashers leading early, 11-3.
But a 10-0 run by the Perlas Spikers turned the game around.
A service error from Michelle Gumabao tied the game at one set apiece, 25-19.
Despite the setback, the Cool Smashers were able to bounce back immediately and retook the lead.
Valdez took over for Creamline to avoid falling behind the gritty Perlas Spikers.
With the lead and momentum back on their side, the Cool Smashers were able to hold on and close out in the fourth.
The Perlas Spikers threatened to force the deciding fifth set late in the fourth, but Gumabao pulled off a block to seal the deal for Creamline.
Nicole Tiamzon, Dzi Gervacio and Kathy Bersola were bright spots for the Perlas Spikers.
The Cool Smashers are now 4-0 while Perlas falls to 2-2.
- I'd love to have the chance of toppling England at Windsor, says Northern Ireland ace McGinn
- Motolite-Ateneo challenges Creamline today
- Creamline eyes sweep; Lady Eagles vow to strike back
- Report: Ill preparation led to Confederate statue's toppling
- Philly topples Lester, Chicago
- Cutting back on green subsidies topples the Prius
- Goff and McVay out to topple Brady-Belichick dynasty in Super Bowl
- Playoff-hungry Nets topple top-seeded Bucks
- Meet the former Real Madrid man who can topple Barca in Catalan derby
- Leeds United 2 QPR 1: Kemar Roofe at the double as Whites topple Rs with penalty hoodoo lifted