Duterte assures China investors: I will not allow corruption BEIJING – President Duterte has assured Chinese investors that he is ready to discipline the Philippines’ bureaucracy to allow their businesses to thrive, even if it means forcing greedy officials to swallow coins and paper bills. Duterte, who is here on a four-day visit, said businesses previously hesitated to invest in the Philippines because of corruption and peace and order issues that plagued the country. “I would like to assure you that during my term I will not allow corruption. And if you go to the Philippines with your partners or he must have something there as an agent, let him come to me for any of your problems,” the President said during a business forum last Friday. “So many things to say but what I can assure you is that I will not allow corruption. I will not allow wrongdoing. I will not allow anything that will destroy or disturb your business,” he added. Duterte said he has ordered agencies to cut the processing time for permits to two days. Prospective businesses, the President said, would be given a list of requirements to spare them from having to return to government offices… Read full this story
- 'That's Reality': Duterte Tells US South China Sea is Now in 'Beijing's Hands'
- Ex-Interpol chief expelled from China's political advisory body amid corruption charges
- Trouble Is Brewing in the Darkest Corner of China’s Shadow Banking
- Investors want to put money and over 70,000 jobs into the UK because they know we will prosper from leaving the EU
- China's Envoy to US: 'It's Not Our Warships That Are Going to Gulf of Mexico'
- China internment camps make lives ‘colourful’ for Uighurs, says Xinjiang governor
- Five banks keep 13 branches shut and hundreds of ATMs offline after vandals attacked China-linked companies in Hong Kong
- Australian PM 'Surprised' by State's Secret Silk Road Deal With China
- Achieving Emerging Markets Exposure Without China
- This week in Trumponomics: A hollow deal with China
Duterte assures China investors: I will not allow corruption have 335 words, post on www.philstar.com at August 31, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.