SEREMBAN: The families of two teenage girls are pleading for them to return home after being reported missing for 17 days.
The two girls, Chan Yi Xuan, 15, and her friend Chan Jiah Huih, 14, were first reported missing on Aug 3, after they were believed to have left for Kuala Lumpur.
The two who attended Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (SMK) Senawang and Seri Ampangan have known each other since the beginning of last year after meeting at a tuition centre in Seremban Jaya.
According to Chan Yi Xuan’s father, Chan Wai Keong, 34, his daughter had earlier said she wanted to go to school to collect a certificate at 9am but has not returned home until now.
“The last time she called us was on Aug 5, saying she was well, after receiving the call I tried to call her back but failed,” he told reporters at a press conference, here today.
Also present were Rasah MP Cha Kee Chin and Seremban Jaya assemblyman P. Gunasekaran.
Whereas, Chan Jiah Huih’s aunt Yong Poh Yein, 35, said her niece was found missing after she was believed to have gone to her friend’s house for a dance practice. However, until midnight, she had not returned home and we have been unable to contact her until now.
“On Aug 4, she sent me a video message via WeChat informing me that she wanted to go to Kuala Lumpur with her friend, as soon as I received the message I tried to contact her but failed.
“The next day, she called to inform she was well before switching off the phone, and to this day we are unable to contact her, I beg her to come home and discuss if there is any problem,” she said.
Three police reports have been lodged at Senawang and Paroi Police Stations and at Bukit Aman in Kuala Lumpur. Meanwhile, Seremban police chief Supt Mohd Said Ibrahim confirmed that they have received a report on the incident.
In the meantime, Cha urged anyone with information about the two girls to contact the police at 012- 6664557. — Bernama
- Judge's plea to help find missing girl
- Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman agrees to plead guilty to ‘£4.9m cheating scam so daughter could go to top college’
- Police issue new statement on missing Renata Antczak investigation
- Driver doing 80mph in 30mph zone killed little girl
- Adam Johnson’s ex aborted their second child after he lied about sexually assaulting girl, 15
- Birmingham City thug Paul Mitchell pleads guilty to punching Jack Grealish as court hears his family has been forced to flee
- Birmingham City thug who punched Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish says his family has been forced to flee as he pleads guilty
- French bulldog puppy stolen from family home in Preston as 'designer dog' thefts surge in Lancashire
- Delighted Northampton girl has tablet returned following burglary
- Sister’s plea to find missing Brit DJ ‘who fell overboard Ibiza ferry’ as Madeleine McCann media guru drafted in to help