Filipina booters blank Singapore, enter AFF semis
(Philstar.com) – August 23, 2019 – 5:57pm
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine women’s national football team are off to the semifinals of the AFF Women’s Championship after beating Singapore, 4-0, on Friday.
Two goals in the first six minutes put the Filipina booters in complete control of the match from the get-go.
Alisha del Campo scored a hat trick for the Malditas, including a stunner in the opening minute that put the Filipinas in front shortly after kickoff.
Quinley Quezada doubled the Philippines’ lead with a goal of her own in the sixth minute.
Del Campo scored again late in the first half while a costly mistake from the Singaporean goalkeeper gave her the hat trick in the opening minutes of the second canto.
The Singaporeans created a chance on goal at the 74th minute but failed to convert.
The Pinay booters finished the group stage with nine points, winning all but their game against host and defending champion Thailand.
They also posted three clean sheets in their four group games, only conceding goals to the Thais.
Four Malditas also earned their first international cap in the crucial game.
The Filipinas will face Group B top seed Vietnam in the semifinals on Sunday.
- Paul Allen’s Vulcan Capital enters Singapore with $100 million
- Kentucky man convicted of stealing Singapore HIV registry
- War risk costs drag on UAE marine fuel sales, benefit Singapore
- Singapore PM's brother backs opposition party in election twist
- Calvary to play for title Monday; Benton falls in semis Sunday
- Dominic Thiem beats Novak Djokovic in semi-final
- Trump becomes 1st sitting US leader to enter North Korea
- Trump becomes 1st sitting U.S. leader to enter North Korea
- No upset this year…SP blanks Biddeford in quarterfinals
- Blown tire caused semi to crash into Macomb Co. home, cemetery