PUTRAJAYA: Consumers have other options if they think motorcycle ride hailing services like GoJek are not safe, said Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad. “If you feel it is not safe, don’t use. We have a choice and we are not forcing you to take the motorcycle ride,“ he told a press conference after holding a meeting with senior civil servants at the Putrajaya Corporation Complex. Dr Mahathir was responding to safety fears among the public on the service especially for women. Yesterday, the Cabinet had given the green light to implement the service, subject to viability studies and legal provisions. The prime minister added that small business could also benefit from motorcycle ride-hailing services. On Dr Zakir Naik, Dr Mahathir when asked if he was going to change his mind about deporting the controversial Islamic preacher, said “At this moment, there is no change.”. Dr Mahathir prior to this had said Malaysia could not deport Zakir to India because he might be killed there. Zakir is under investigation over remarks he allegedly made against Malaysian Hindus and Chinese during a talk in Kota Baru on Aug 3, prompting calls for him to be deported to India. Zakir is wanted… Read full this story
- Cracks in the consumer trade are spreading, says top technical analyst
- BAN eating on public transport, says nanny-in-chief Dame Sally Davies in radical plan to fight obesity
- Majority of sunscreens could flunk proposed FDA standards for safety and efficacy, report to say
- Brexit takes a bite out of consumer confidence
- 'I know she would have used it': Mum of festival-goer, 19, who died from a drug overdose at a concert says she believes pill testing could have saved her daughter's life - after six revellers died in NSW
- Consumers are still spending, says JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon
- Big banks say U.S. consumers sturdy as businesses quiver with growth fears
- Insurance levy will be passed on to consumers, warns CFM
- Top Microsoft exec says online privacy has reached 'a crisis point'
- Tesco boss Dave Lewis says no to chlorinated chicken
GoJek: Consumers have other options, says Mahathir have 347 words, post on www.thesundaily.my at August 22, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.