A young homeless man has been charged with placing false bombs, police said Saturday, after three empty rice cookers caused major commuter disruption in New York. Larry K. Griffin II, 26, was arrested by the New York Police Department and charged with three counts of placing a false bomb, according to a statement released Saturday. Parts of the city were alerted for two hours Friday morning as three suspicious objects were found: two near the World Trade Centre in the Fulton Street subway station, and one in the Chelsea district further north. The station was quickly evacuated, service on two subway lines was suspended and trains on other lines serving Fulton Street bypassed the station. All of the suspicious objects were ultimately determined to be empty rice cookers, each the same model, according to police. Griffin is reportedly a former resident of Bruno, West Virginia, US media said. West Virginia’s Logan County Sheriff’s office said he had a history of criminal activity. Griffin had been arrested at least three times in the last eight years on charges such as possession of a controlled substance involving weapons, and use of obscene material to seduce a minor, the office said. He was… Read full this story
- SRT Motorsports Debuts Latest Viper GTS-R Race Car for 2012 American Le Mans Series [New York Auto Show]
- NFL Trade Rumors: Will The Giants Deal Eli Manning? Quarterback Unlikely To Leave New York In 2018
- Will The Jets Trade Teddy Bridgewater? New York Could Deal Quarterback Or Name Him The 2018 Starter
- Five Key Offseason Questions: New York Knicks
- The gritty world of 1980s New York: City dwellers show off their outrageous outfits, strip naked in the streets and sleep next to trash cans in startling black-and-white photos
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. New York Giants 2018: Prediction, Betting Odds, Preview For NFL Week 1
- Conor McGregor thanks New York city as he is seen out in public for first time since court case
- New York Giants vs Atlanta Falcons Live Stream, TV Channel, Live Score Updates: Who’s Winning Monday Night Football Tonight?
- Patrick Vieira leaves New York to become Nice manager
- Conor McGregor Fighting At UFC 230? Irishman Needs Renewed New York License
Man charged after New York scare over rice cookers have 369 words, post on en.rfi.fr at August 17, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.