A man studies a food truck’s menu. Shops and merchants using such vehicles are a new breed of entrepreneur in Thailand. Amornthep Chotchalermpong Shops conveyed by mini trucks have grown popular in Thailand over the years, providing a healthy start for a new breed of entrepreneur.Mini trucks are the sales points for such merchants, who need space at open markets to park the vehicles and sell products. Most merchants using mini trucks are food sellers, giving rise to the “food truck” phenomenon. Food trucks are expected to prosper after the government gave full support to a plan to attract self-starting entrepreneurs via SME loans and attractive interest rates from state banks. According to Food Truck Club Thailand, the segment has a value of 13 billion baht and boasts 1,300-1,500 operators, 70% of them in Bangkok and surrounding provinces where there are many flea markets. The other 30% of food truck operators are in provincial areas. Cooked food products are on offer at 60% of the operators, while 40% sell drinks and desserts. Each food truck startup requires 100,000-400,000 baht to buy a mini truck, the price depending on whether it’s new or used. Vichack Rattanasuwan, director of the Industrial Promotion Department,… Read full this story
- Here's what Subaru of America is planning for its 50th anniversary
- 'As long as people keep giving, I'll keep walking': WWII hero Captain Tom Moore, 99, gives the most joyous interview of coronavirus crisis - as his bid to raise funds for NHS by marching around his garden on a zimmer frame hits £10MILLION
- FMIA: 2020 Draft Rounds Into Focus; NFL People Show Lives In Quarantine
Meals on wheels drive truck sales have 277 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at August 26, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.