KUALA PILAH: The Communications and Multimedia Ministry will take firm action against any party playing up issues related to 3R (race, religion and royalty) on social media, said its Deputy Minister Eddin Syazlee Shith (pix).
He stressed that his ministry would not compromise on the issue as it could spark racial tensions in the country.
The Pakatan Harapan government practiced openness but did not want some people to take advantage of that by raising racial issues to spark racial tension, he said.
“This 3R I believe is very important in maintaining stability and preventing irresponsible parties from making racially insensitive statements.
“This (stern action) is not to intimidate anyone except those who deliberately challenge the authorities. So, legal action will be taken against them,” he told reporters after officiating the Za’ba Merdeka Charity Carnival for the Kuala Pilah parliamentary constituency here, today.
He said this when asked to comment on report from the public on any incident or content of 3R that was implemented by the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) recently.
The implementation of the 3R was a result of the cooperation with the Royal Malaysia Police that would facilitate speedy process of enforcement to be taken pertaining to the issue, he said.
However, when asked on the number of recent reports received by MCMC via the WhatsApp application and email, Eddin Syazlee said he has yet to be notified.
The MCMC has urged the public to report on any incident or 3R content on social media, directly to the commission.
Meanwhile, commenting on the carnival, Eddin Syazlee said the event was a good example of the school and parents’ leadership in carrying out activities featuring Merdeka elements.
The carnival, organised by the Parent-Teacher Association of the Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Za’ba Kuala Pilah which is also state sports school, in cooperation with the Kuala Pilah parliamentary office, saw 1,500 participants of all races from around the state, taking part in various activities including Za’ba Merdeka Run, theatre and other stage performances. — Bernama
- Sony Ericsson admits Xperia Play “freight issue,” Vodafone and 3 delay UK launch
- Diablo III designer: Action and RPG genres are “bleeding together”
- Nosgoth is a free-to-play Legacy of Kain game
- Interview: Brink (part one) – Splash Damage’s Ed Stern
- Stern on the Brink: “In an FPS, effectively the gun is you”
- Modern Warfare 2 leak: MS takes “vigorous action” against pirates
- GTA film: Bill Paxton to play Take-Two nemesis Jack Thompson in BBC project
- Path of Exile: taking the Diablo concept free-to-play
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands known issues, freezing, stuttering, fps drops, download problems and more
- Batman: Arkham Knight is having all sorts of issues on PC