US President Donald Trump on Wednesday complained that the often friendly Fox News television network is not loyal enough and has stopped “working” for him. “Fox isn’t working for us anymore!” he said at the end of three tweets expressing outrage that the network had given too much airtime to Democratic party opponents. As US president, Trump has no equivalent of the state TV channel used to serve leaders in many less free countries, like Russia. But for much of his first term he’s at least been able to rely regularly on Fox for friendly coverage. While Trump routinely lashes other networks as “fake news,” he or his top aides make almost daily appearances to give often softball interviews on Fox. His former spokeswoman Sarah Sanders has just been hired by the network. And while the news division at Fox keeps a straighter line, some key Fox commentators like Sean Hannity seemingly work in lockstep with the White House. Trump freely admits to watching Fox on a daily basis, even tweeting live reviews of programs. But his love affair with Fox has soured in the last few months. Wednesday’s tweets were especially harsh. “The New @FoxNews is letting millions of… Read full this story
- Trump keeps prodding Jeff Sessions to investigate Mueller probe
- Trump escalates feud with Attorney General Sessions
- Trump Escalates Feud With Sessions Over Investigations: 'Come on Jeff, You Can Do It'
- President Trump escalates feud with Sessions
- Newt Gingrich: Trump's revolution in national security and foreign policy
- What John Brennan couldn’t say in the Russia-Trump hearing
- The Fake-News Fallacy
- Report: Trump tabloid pal cut deal with feds
- Trump and Sessions spar as Trump rages
- Budget deficits could trigger taxes in new Senate bill
Trump complains favorable Fox News not 'working for us' have 293 words, post on en.rfi.fr at August 28, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.