AirAsia PH welcomes new chairman
AIRASIA Philippines welcomed as its new chairman of the board lawyer Joseph Omar A. Castillo, who assumed his post on Sunday.
In a statement on Saturday, the low-budget carrier said it was delighted to welcome Castillo “during this period of exciting growth for AirAsia.”
“Atty. Castillo brings a wealth of experience and strategic vision to the airline business, and we are confident that the company will continue to thrive under his leadership,” AirAsia Group Executive Chairman Datuk Kamarudin Meranun was quoted as saying.
The new AirAsia chairman has extensive experience in labor relations, contract support, immigration and corporate fraud.
Castillo was the head of the transport and business process outsourcing practices for the Puyat, Jacinto and Santos Law firm.
He replaced Marianne “Maan” Hontiveros — who held the post for five years and led the growth of AirAsia Philippines — whom Kamarudin thanked for her years of service.
“She pioneered AirAsia in the Philippines as CEO in 2011 with only two aircraft. She eventually chaired the Philippine board in 2014, and since then we have grown beyond expectation,” he said of her.
The local unit of Malaysia’s AirAsia Group Berhad has 24 aircraft and over 500 weekly domestic and international flights from Manila, Clark, Cebu and Kalibo.
- Carlos Ghosn Resigns From Renault, Senard Becomes New Chairman, Bollore New CEO
- Renault confirms Senard as new chairman, Bollore as CEO
- Renault appoints new chairman and CEO as Ghosn resigns
- Opinion: Welcome new state school superintendent
- Renault's expected new chairman will need to mend alliance with Nissan
- Nissan board may fail to select new chairman on Monday, report says
- Independent dealer body IMDA elects new chairman
- Leonard Nimoy's family warmly welcomes new Spock to Star Trek
- European publishers welcome new digital copyright directive passed by EU Parliament
- Welcome new bloggers! #nbi2016