Youth Olympic champions Atthaya Thitikul, left, and Vanchai Luangnitikul. Youth Olympic champions Atthaya Thitikul and Vanchai Luangnitikul will lead the Thai challenge at the 2019 SEA Games in the Philippines.Thailand Golf Association president Rangsrid Luxitanond yesterday unveiled his players for the biennial event to be held from Nov 30-Dec 11. Atthaya will spearhead the women’s squad with her teammates being Kan Banbodee and Pimnipa Panthong, who is studying at Kent State University in the US. Apart from Vanchai, the other three male players are Denwit David Boriboonsub, Nopparat Panichphol and Thanapat Pichaikul. Atthaya, one of the hottest amateur players at the moment, swept both individual and team gold medals at the 2017 SEA Games in Malaysia. Later that year, she and Vanchai won gold in the mixed team event at the Youth Olympics. In all, Thailand claimed three gold, two silver and one bronze medals at the 2017 SEA Games. Thailand’s other champion was Kosuke Hamamoto, who has since turned professional. There are four gold medals in the men’s and women’s team and individual events at the 2019 SEA Games. “We aim to make a clean sweep in the Philippines,” said Rangsrid. “Our players have been training for a long… Read full this story
- Game of Thrones whiskies set for release
- Twitch: Streaming stars are gaming's A-List
- Best games of 2018: No 1
- Tetris fans can take on 98 other players in new battle royale of classic game
- Piers Morgan and Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner in Twitter spat over ‘fashionable’ mental illness comments
- Thai beach resorts braced for tropical storm
- ‘Thai bride’ found dead and dumped in stream on Yorkshire Dales in 2004 could finally be identified
- New Year Honours: Divers who took part in Thai cave rescue honoured for their bravery
- US plans expansion to Arctic in bid to challenge Russia, but can it?
- James Ducker: Solskjaer faces biggest challenge yet for cup run that may decide his managerial future
Atthaya, Vanchai spearhead Thai SEA Games challenge have 324 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.