MANILA, Philippines — The Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) started out in controversy as an elitist institution. Half a century ago it was the playground – and play thing – of the rich an infamous. But, through the years, the CCP has changed. Today, it is unarguably the country’s premier arts center, the hub of dynamic creative endeavors and the incubator of new artists, new art forms and new expressions. “When it was founded in 1969, it was known as one of the premier performing arts venues in Asia,” says vice president and artistic director Chris Millado. “It was known as a platform for high profile international artists of great reputation. Of course the problem there was that only those who could afford to see them were able to access these performances.” Millado adds that it was the founding years that planted the seeds for the the flagship companies of the CCP, with the establishment of the resident companies including the CCP Orchestra – now the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra – and the CCP Dance Company, now Ballet Philippines. “I know there were seeds planted then for performances that were done outside the CCP, but these were done in a very… Read full this story
- Check Point Software Rings NASDAQ Closing Bell to Celebrate 25 Years of Securing the Internet
- Celebrating 30 Years of Excellence to the Community
- Sparkhound Celebrates 20 Years of Helping Clients Achieve Digital Transformation
- Join Brother Ali, Chastity Brown, I Self Devine, The Lioness, and Voices for Racial Justice in celebrating 25 years!
- Earth Science Tech, Inc. (ETST) Celebrates A Year of Major Achievements and Shares its Position for a Pivotal 2019
- Baxter’s Corner® Celebrates Banner Year for Its Collection I Children’s Books
- Where to Celebrate New Year's Eve and Ring in 2019 in Connecticut
- Las Vegas airport celebrates New Year’s Eve with ‘silent disco’ — PHOTOS
- WFP celebrates 50 years in Egypt with launch of Knowledge-Sharing Partnership with Government
- One last blowout: A few ways to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas
Creative Spaces The CCP Celebrates its Golden Year have 334 words, post on www.philstar.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.