Defective family constitutions are dangerousFirst of two parts There are some very toxic cases from other countries that are usually pre-screened before they are endorsed to us consultants. One of these stood out: an unfinished constitution that resulted in tragedy when two family members died of head injuries received from a car chase instigated by a third member. Another one, more recent and still unfolding, involved siblings locked in a legal battle, with both sides trading insults in and out of the courtroom. This conflict is likely to end in a sellout. Clearly, these conflicts exposed the deep-seated anger and erosion of trust among family members. All these cases are either on the verge of a major breakup or deal with a fierce battle for control of the businesses left behind by their parents and founding grandfathers. It is unfortunate, senseless and heartbreaking to see family businesses disappear into oblivion. When litigation lawyers lead the way, I would usually decline any form of intervention and would advise families to kiss the legacy dreams of their deceased founders goodbye. My firm’s (Wong + Bernstein) Asean (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) governance policy on helping family enterprises are clear: our consultants are… Read full this story
- Olympus Has Fallen mounts UK box office chart
- Telecoms operators warn NCAA on demolition of 7,000 masts
- Man's Worst Enemy: Wild Dogs Terrorize in India
- Councils in Wales 'unaware' of unregulated children's homes
- Adoption: what would we want for our own children?
- Buhari, Atiku and the dwindling economy
- 8-Legged Nightmares? The World's 3 Deadliest Spiders
- Mercury spill dangers: How to protect your family and symptoms
- EXCLUSIVE: Son of drug-addict driver who killing Home and Away actress Jessica Falkholt and her family is jailed - after being caught driving dangerously on his L-plates
- Virgil: In the Impeachment Battle, It’s the Democrats vs. the Constitution
Defective family constitutions are dangerous have 311 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at September 14, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.